Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

31 Days of Random Thoughts

I so badly want to participate in the 31 days blogging challenge. I don't have a cool title or compelling logo. No fancy camera or backdrops. I don't even have a topic. I just want to get out what is on my mind and in my heart. I am typing on my kindle because I am afraid that the noise my computer keyboard will make will cut short naptime....which is one of my favorite parts of the day! So, excuse any misspelled words. It is too hard to go back and delete on this silly thing. So I am lounging on the couch. The view (or some other view-like talk show) is on the tube but on mute. Sarah Ferguson is the guest. You know...the lady who cheated on her prince? I have no idea why she is the guest today, but Sharon Osbourne is staring at her with a face that says... "how could you cheat on a prince?. My imaginary talk show script is funnier than the real thing. I laugh (silently of course). Deeper thought now.... I am so thankful for the rain that is falling as I type. The sound, the smell, the lower water bill....so thankful for all of it. God is so good. All the time. Lately, I have been thinking about obedience. There is a lot going on in this household around the topic. Some of us are better at it than others... Rather than talk about my 4yo's struggle with it, I will talk about mine. I want to be obedient like Abraham. That dude walked a tough road being obedient to God and in the end, God called him His Friend. What a honor. Abraham's family must have thought he was a lunatic. God called him to do some crazy stuff but Abraham was obedient. And God worked through Abraham and his family to build a nation. Such an amazing story right there in genesis. While I am thankful that God hasn't called me to do something crazy stuff like Abraham, I still take my time on being obedient. Like when I ask my son to go clean up his room and he responds with "after this cartoon". There have been times in my life when I felt a really strong tug and I procrastinated at following it. I don't want to procrastinate anymore. I want to go and do. Trust without hesitation. "Here I Am." Just like Abraham.

No comments:

Post a Comment