Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Time for Everything

So now that I've officially resigned from my job and I'm down to my last two weeks, I've gotten some practice explaining why I am leaving.

For the most part, I just say that I'm going to be a full time Mom.  Yes, with a capital "M".  For most people, that is enough. 

For others, I must press on and tell them that I feel God calling me into This Season.  Timing truly is everything and I feel like this is the perfect time to make this move.  It has been hard to wait.   Remember this?   My heart was feeling the pull in November of 2011.  I entered into the emotional storm of this decision in March.  I made up my mind in May.  And I've waited for August to make my move.  And it feels like the right time. 

Ecclesiastes 3
1There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
2a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
6a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
9What does the worker gain from his toil? 10I have seen the burden God has laid on men. 11He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 12I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. 13That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God. 14I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him. 

This is my time to uproot my career as I know it.  This is my time to embrace my small family and press more deeply into my role as "mother".  This is my time to prune back the excess in my life to get down the simplicity of the most important things of all.  This is my time to Trust.  This is my time to be courageous. This is also my time to continue to wait.  Wait on the Lord to finish His work in my life.  He's still pulling on my heart, pulling me through this decision and into the next chapter in my life.  I can't wait....but I'm going to have to!

1 comment:

  1. i can't wait to see what God has planned! i'm surely included in that plan somehow.

    ReplyDelete