Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Teaching him to Give...

Acts 20:35 (New International Version, ©2010)

35 In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ” 

It IS better to GIVE than to RECEIVE.  However, when you are two years old, this idea seems as delightful as eating a bowl full of broccoli.


My Little Man's daycare class adopted a less fortunate boy, named Dennis, age 2.  We are using this opportunity to take the focus off of the list of toys my son wants and focus on giving to another little boy.

Dennis loves Toy Story, just like my Little Man.  We got him little Woody and Buzz action figures for his present. As a mommy, I couldn't pass up making Dennis a blankie.
IMG_7083
I don't know if Dennis is cold, or hungry, or has a blankie already.  I know that my son loves to cuddle under his fleece blankie.  It keeps him warm.  It helps him feel safe.  It is his blankie and he doesn't have to share it with anybody.  My prayer is that Dennis feels the warmth, love and peace under his blankie.  My Little Man helped me put Dennis' name on it and added a little airplane for an extra special touch.

Merry Christmas, Dennis.  Merry Christmas to you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment