Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Lots of Reading going on!

Did I mention that I love to read? And I mean L.O.V.E. to read. I usually have 2 or 3 books going at once. I don't know why I do this, because I can't multi-task very well and it takes me 2 or 3 times longer to finish them this way. I guess it is a form of attention deficit or something.

My favorite genres are Christian (anything from motivational to fiction) and business leadership. Weird combo, huh?

So here is what is stacked on my bedside table:

Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen
I rate it a 7 on a scale of 10. It is an interesting look at productivity and coaches you to create a personal organization/efficiency management system. I'll let you know how it goes.

Made to Stick By Chip Heath and Dale Heath
I rate it a 9 on a scale of 10. This book is helping me understand how to present my ideas in a way that gets people's attention and sticks with them. When I'm finished....you should expect this blog to impress. Ha!

Just finished:
Get Out of that Pit by Beth Moore.
I rate it a 10 on a scale of 10. Best book I've read in a long time. It is an "in your face" look at how we can get in to slumps in life....and most importantly, how to get out of them. I read it with a Ladies Book Club and had discovered some mind/life changing tidbits. I've recommended this book to several friends, because it is THAT GOOD!

Reading a book is the cheapest vacation I've ever taken!

No comments:

Post a Comment