Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Visitors

I had no idea that we have so many visitors in our backyard during the day.  The Little Man said "Mom, it's like our house is a zoo!"  So. True.  However, from my perspective, the wild animals are inside this house.  Ha!

Actually, I'm kind of creeped out by the raccoon that keeps meandering through the backyard in the middle of the daylight hours.   The trio of parrots were fun, though. 
Another visitor stopped by.... yep, her name is Anxiety.  Anxiety about not working that is.   I went grocery shopping on this week, which includes going to H-E-B and Costco.  I am trying to shop for two weeks at a time and use coupons (read: extensive aisle browsing). Add in two active kids and this task becomes an all day event (with a break for lunch and nap).  At the end of the day, I sat in my incredibly messy house stressed out that I blew my budget (did I mentioned I also forgot a handful of items so I'll have to go back...ugh). Suddenly, I was feeling anxious about this "new chapter", how long it will last, and all that I will have to give up.

The next day I went to bible study and the focus of the study was on God's covenant to Abram.  It fell on my like a ton of bricks.   

Genesis 15: 1  
After this, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision:
“Do not be afraid, Abram.
    I am your shield,[a]
    your very great reward.[b]

It doesn't say I will be your great reward.  It says I am your very great reward.  In a way, it was like God spoke to my heart and said "Chill out. Enjoy these years with your little ones. Stop looking to the worldly stuff and just take care of your family. You already have your very great reward.  It's me.  "  

And that is sweeter than anything else in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment