Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Just Plan It!

Mealtime has always seemed stressful.  When I was working full time, I would practically sprint out of the office (late of course) to drive 25+ minutes to pick up cranky, hungry kids (which were usually the last kids in the room with a very grumpy teacher) and running home to throw something together.  Staring into the fridge, I would feel like I was on an episode of Chopped.  What can I do with eggs, canned green beans and mandarin oranges in 10 minutes? 

What!?  You know, that sounds tasty.

Those days are history.  I am now a full-fledged menu planner.  Wow, it has changed my world!  Not only am I less stressed at mealtimes, I am less stressed at the grocery store, too!  And I'm experimenting with new foods that used to intimidate me! Menu Planning is the bomb-dot-com.


So this week's menu...

Pulled Pork Tacos w/ Steamed Peas and Corn

Chicken Wings, Steamed Carrots, and French Fries
Chicken Spaghetti
Sausage Tortilla Wraps with Chips and Queso

I made a big batch of chicken spaghetti so that it will last two nights, which will give me a break from cooking on night two!  Huzzah!

I try to plan about two weeks in advance so I only have to go to the grocery store twice a month!  Double Huzzah!






No comments:

Post a Comment